Annual report of the use of school sports grant 2019/2020
PE AND SPORTS PREMIUM GRANT INTRODUCTION
The PE and Sports Premium Grant is dedicated funding provided by the Government to improve the provision and access to Physical Education and sport within schools. This funding is ring fenced for use in PE and sporting activities and schools are held to account as to how this money is spent.
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the 2019 to 2020 academic year, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
To improve the Physical Education and sport within school, with a focus on increasing participation and access to a variety of sporting opportunities.
As a school we expect to see:
- A high quality of Physical Education being taught
- Raised levels of participation in physical activities
- Improved opportunities to access PE and physical activities
- Allowing students to experience a wide variety of sports and activities
SCHOOL SPORTS ALLOCATION BREAKDOWN 2019/2020
|Total number of pupils on roll:||5 (January 2019)|
|Total amount of Sports Premium Grant received:||£4000|
|Resources for promoting a health lifestyle||£1000||Pupils will be supported in developing a healthy lifestyle.||Pupils recovery is supported in education around being healthy to enable pupils to return to home school with skills and knowledge appropriate to Key Stage.|
|Opportunities for engagement other physical activities.||£1000||Provide appropriate therapy and curriculum for targeted pupils.||Pupils recovery is supported in education around being active to enable pupils to return to home school with physical development following medical advice.|
|Sensory equipment to provide ‘My Movement’ for SEND learners||£1000||Pupils who follow our SEND offer of My Movement are engaged and inspired to improve their daily activities depending on their needs.||Pupils with SEND improve their daily activities depending on their needs through a variety of physical movement activities.|
|Access to technology for those inpatients with complex medical needs (acute/chronic)||£1000||Provide appropriate resources and curriculum for targeted pupils.||Pupils make use of technology to engage in PE and sporting activities.|
HOW WILL IMPACT BE MEASURED?
EFFECTIVE PLANNING AND DELIVERY OF PE/ACTIVITY SESSIONS
- Teachers/ HLTAs will be able to confidently deliver high quality PE and physical activity sessions to all students.
- Schemes of work will show a variety of types of sports, promote healthy lifestyles and involve students becoming more active.
GREATER PARTICIPATION OF ALL STUDENTS IN PE AND SPORTING ACTIVITIES.
- Focus on whole school approach to allow access for all students regardless of their medical needs.
- Students to have access to activities as inpatients. Support to broaden the student’s access and knowledge of a variety of sports.
OBSERVATIONS AND ASSESSMENT
- Attendance and progress are recorded for all students accessing lessons.
- Survey of students to identify activities which they would like to try/ continue to have access to.
- Schemes of work in place and accessible by all staff.
- Staff are formally observed teaching PE and physical activities
- Audit of resources and upgrade of equipment
- Work alongside Physio Therapists to support physical activities for both fine and gross motor skills
- Continue with offering a broad range of physical activities making use of the environment available.